Monday, July 21, 2008

What Works, What Doesn't Work

I said a little prayer this morning, before posting today's blog.

I asked God to let people actually read the blog today. Let them reflect on it, and let's finally get a conversation going!!

To put it mildly, there is a lot of "noise" in the Network Marketing world today. You hear jargon like "teachable", "coachable", "get plugged in", "get around successful people", blah, blah, blah.

But I have yet to see conventional methods reach the 80% that simply are not interested in Network Marketing!

We need to get to the 80%. How do we do this?

I find that my upline is not interested in what the market thinks. When someone is not interested, they say "Who cares? Move on and forget about them!"

But when has any successful Marketing program ever operated on the attitude of "who cares"?

I find that my upline wants me to be teachable and coachable. But they are not willing to be teachable and coachable themselves. Yet the smartest companies listen to their market.

I find that they do not believe in continuous improvement. They say "don't fix what's not broken". They are not interested in improvement. Possibly this is because improvement requires a willingness to change, and people hate change.

Please - readers of my blog: help us develop the best Network Marketing organization ever formed. Help us build one that has the highest sign-up rate, and the lowest attrition rate, ever. Help us find new ways to reach new people. Help us become the most creative, innovative, community-focused, most charitable, network marketing organization ever!

I will ask you to begin by considering, and responding to, the following questions:

* If you are on our team; why did you join? And why did others join this particular team, and this particular program?
* What will make it so that you will want to stay involved?
* What do you like best about our organization and upline?
* What do you wish the organization and upline would change?
* Why are people not joining?
* What can we do differently, so that more people will want to join us?

* In short: what works, what doesn't work, and what needs to happen, that isn't happening?

Come on people. Nobody is going to go out and conduct true market studies to help us improve our approach. It is up to us, and the blogging format is an excellent way for us to dialogue.

I look forward to your responses. And if you would like me to tackle any topic on this blog, please just let me know!

Regards,

Gordon

1 comment:

Tim said...

If you are on our team; why did you join? And why did others join this particular team, and this particular program?

I joined because my family got in and I would use the products that are offered.

What will make it so that you will want to stay involved?

That I will be allowed to go at my own pace and not be pressured to bring in a bunch of people. That I can be a member of the team by using / buying the products and generating a few leads.

What do you like best about our organization and upline?

It seems to want to do this that is different from other MLMs.

Why are people not joining?

Not everyone wants to be a millionaire and that seems to be the standard pitch. MLMs have a bad reputation and FHTM is not distinguished enough from the others to dispel this. People are sensitive to high-pressure sales and any hint of that will raise alarms.

What can we do differently, so that more people will want to join us?

Let people be a simple cog in the machine. Don't use high pressure sales tactics.