Friday, July 4, 2008

Number Seven: Be Responsive

It is important, in all things in life, never to let someone else take advantage of you. I can see, by looking over my criteria for MLM placement, that it would be easy for someone to get my help, while being generally rude and disrespectul to me as a person.

In truth, it is possible for someone that hates me, to get my help. It would make me happy occasionally to help people like this.

But I have to have some controls over this scenario, so my 7th criterion is, that you must be responsive to me, and others on my team. I should say, however, that this does not extend to my upline. They may treat the upline however they want, and this will not affect my view of them or their value to our team. It is simply a tenet of my organizational philosophy, for years now: I will automatically trust those below me, more than those above me. I am the servant of my downline, not of my upline. Those above me, vis-a-vis their relationship to me and my downline, are responsible for establishing their own best practices that motivate and help their downline.

I hope that people in my downline will return phone calls and emails. I would like them to show some interest in my ideas, and those of others on our team. I would expect them to ask for help, in matters within and without the purview of our MLM.

A downline person that does not respond to me, not only effects his or her own chances of being helped negatively, but likewise impacts everyone in his or her own respective downline. I need "clearance" from the person at the top, before communicating further down. When you do not communicate with me, you are also hurting people on your team.

Some of the more important values that I will model and promote, in my organization as it grows, are openness, respect, harmony, and sharing of information. This is best manifested by being responsive. I ask everyone on our team, to treat all the others on it, as though they were your boss, or most important customer, in a traditional job.

No comments: